With summer on its way, it’s time to start adapting your hair care routine to hot weather and seasonal activities. To help you achieve healthy summer hair, our Conshohocken hair dresser would like to offer these six easy tips:
- Wear a hat when outdoors. If you’re going to be outside, it’s a good idea to cover your head using a sun hat, baseball cap or some other type of headwear. Doing so will help your scalp retain moisture while you’re in the heat and protect your head and face from sunburn. Plus, it will prevent tangling and damage to your hair, especially if it’s color-treated.
- Keep oil at bay. Since you’ll be sweating a lot, you may be tempted to shower more often in the summer. If you do so, don’t wash your hair every time, as it can make your hair very oily. Instead, simply rinse it with water or spray some dry shampoo on it to keep it looking healthy and clean.
- Prevent chlorine damage. If you have light-colored hair, then you’re familiar with the greenish tint your hair can take on after you’ve been swimming in a pool. To preserve your hair’s natural color, get it wet before entering the pool and rinse your hair with ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar when you get out.
- Comb, don’t brush. When it comes to keeping your hair healthy and free of breakage, it’s better to use a wide-tooth comb rather than a traditional hair brush. This is because combs are gentler on hair and don’t pull as much as brushes.
- Skip the heat styling. During the summer months, your hair takes a lot of heat from the sun. Therefore, it’s a good idea to minimize your heat styling as much as possible to keep it from becoming excessively dry. This shouldn’t be hard, as you can simply step outside on most summer days in order to dry your hair!
- Keep it moist. To prevent your hair from drying out, try adding a small amount of moisturizing coconut oil or shea butter after washing.
By following these simple steps, you’ll retain healthy hair throughout the dry summer months.
Visit Our Conshohocken Hair Dresser for Gorgeous Summer Hair!
Want a stylish, easy-to-maintain look this summer? Allow the professionals at Rouge Hair Boutique to give you one! Whether you’re in the market for coloring, cutting, styling or all of the above, our hair dresser in Conshohocken will take care of you.
To book an appointment, call or text (484) 534-3141 or send an email to RougeHairConshy@gmail.com. Plus, be sure to check out our blog to see which hairstyles are hot right now. We can’t wait to show you why we’re the hair dresser Conshohocken loves!