Blowdrying is a fast and easy way to dry and style your hair, but it can cause damage if not done correctly. To help you create a gorgeous hairstyle without wreaking havoc on your locks, we here at Rouge Hair Boutique would like to give you a few easy tips for blowdrying your hair at home:
- Don’t towel dry. Many women are tempted to rub their hair vigorously with a towel in order to get the moisture out after showering. However, doing so creates frizz, so we suggest avoiding this method. Instead, pat your hair gently with a towel and continue onto the next steps.
- Go easy on the product. While a heat protectant spray or gel is great for protecting hair against heat styling damage, using too much can make your hair look oily. As a rule of thumb, use a nickel-sized amount of product on damp hair to start out. If you find that you need more, you can always add it later on.
- Do a rough dry job. Contrary to popular belief, you can actually get the majority of the water out of your hair without using a brush. Just use a blowdryer to get your hair as dry as possible before styling. Or for an even healthier alternative, let it air dry.
- Add a round brush. Now that your hair is mostly dry, it’s time to make it look smooth and lovely. To do so, run a round brush downwards through the underside of your hair while using the blowdryer on the top. For best results, work on small sections of hair at a time. If needed, pin up other parts of your hair to keep them out of the way.
- Finish with hairspray. In order to keep your hair looking amazing throughout the day, apply a bit of finishing spray or shine spray to your hair. Just be sure to hold the spray bottle a good distance from your head so that the product does not concentrate in one area.
- Maintain the look. If you’d like to enjoy your beautiful blowout for longer than just a day, use a scrunchie to put your hair into a bun before you go to sleep. The scrunchie is essential to maintaining the look, as regular hair ties will put dents in your hair. When you wake up in the morning, apply our Unite 7 seconds refresher shampoo if needed to absorb excess oil. And voila! You’re ready to rock your blowout for another day.
By following these steps for blowdrying your hair at home, you’ll enjoy a salon-grade blowout without having to leave your house. Best of all, your hair will still be healthy when the process is complete!
Looking for a Hair Salon in Conshohocken? Come to Rouge Hair Boutique!
For times when you need a professional blowout or other hair services, trust the friendly stylists at Rouge Hair Boutique. Whether you’re in the market for cutting, styling or hair coloring, we’ve got you covered. Plus, our Conshohocken hair salon offers unique hair smoothing treatments, facial waxing, makeup services and much more! No matter what you come to us for, we’ll do our absolute best to make you look and feel amazing.
Interested in booking an appointment at our Conshohocken hair salon? Call or text (484) 534-3141 or fill out our online contact form now. We hope you’ve found our at-home blowdrying tips to be useful, and we look forward to showing you why Rouge Hair Boutique is the hair salon Conshohocken loves!