Are you looking for a new hairstyle that is both beautiful and easy to maintain? You may be a good candidate for balayage, a French hair technique that creates subtle highlights throughout your hair. To find out for sure, run through our Conshohocken balayage stylist’s checklist for deciding whether the balayage effect will work well for you:
- Your hair is currently in good, healthy condition. Before committing to balayage, a hairstyle that involves adding color, you should ensure your hair is in a healthy state. If your hair is already in bad shape, adding a treatment may cause it to become severely damaged.
- You’re ready for a drastic hairstyle change. Balayage is a less dramatic style than ombré, but having it done will still transform your hair by creating a natural, sun-kissed glow that is sure to attract some compliments. So before deciding on balayage, make sure you’re ready to be noticed for how lovely your hair looks!
- You like to stay on-trend when it comes to your hair. In recent years, balayage has become popular on runways and red carpets around the world. More and more, celebrities and models alike are ditching traditional highlights and switching to balayage. Therefore, it’s safe to say this style tops the list of current hair trends.
- You like two-toned looks, but ombré is too intense for your taste. Many people think balayage and ombré are the same style, but they’re actually quite different. For an ombré effect, a lighter color is applied to the top part of the hair and gradually made to be a darker shade towards the ends. On the other hand, balayage involves sweeping color through small triangular sections. The ends of the hair are made darker to add dimension and keep the hair looking natural. Another thing to keep in mind is that balayage requires less maintenance than ombré, which makes the style more appealing to people with busy schedules.
Now that you’ve learned about balayage, you’re ready to decide whether this is a style you’d like to try.
Contact Our Balayage Stylist in Conshohocken Today!
If you’d like to have the balayage effect added to your hair, it’s essential to visit a reputable hairstylist. That’s where Rouge Hair Boutique comes in! For years, our Conshohocken balayage stylist has been offering cutting, styling and hair coloring services. Now, we’re ready to give YOU the hair of your dreams!
To book an appointment with us, call or text (484) 534-3141 or fill out our online booking form. And for tips on keeping your hair healthy throughout the summer, take a look at our recent blog post. We can’t wait to show you what makes us the balayage stylist Conshohocken residents can’t stop talking about!
With summer on its way, it’s time to start adapting your hair care routine to hot weather and seasonal activities. To help you achieve healthy summer hair, our Conshohocken hair dresser would like to offer these six easy tips:
- Wear a hat when outdoors. If you’re going to be outside, it’s a good idea to cover your head using a sun hat, baseball cap or some other type of headwear. Doing so will help your scalp retain moisture while you’re in the heat and protect your head and face from sunburn. Plus, it will prevent tangling and damage to your hair, especially if it’s color-treated.
- Keep oil at bay. Since you’ll be sweating a lot, you may be tempted to shower more often in the summer. If you do so, don’t wash your hair every time, as it can make your hair very oily. Instead, simply rinse it with water or spray some dry shampoo on it to keep it looking healthy and clean.
- Prevent chlorine damage. If you have light-colored hair, then you’re familiar with the greenish tint your hair can take on after you’ve been swimming in a pool. To preserve your hair’s natural color, get it wet before entering the pool and rinse your hair with ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar when you get out.
- Comb, don’t brush. When it comes to keeping your hair healthy and free of breakage, it’s better to use a wide-tooth comb rather than a traditional hair brush. This is because combs are gentler on hair and don’t pull as much as brushes.
- Skip the heat styling. During the summer months, your hair takes a lot of heat from the sun. Therefore, it’s a good idea to minimize your heat styling as much as possible to keep it from becoming excessively dry. This shouldn’t be hard, as you can simply step outside on most summer days in order to dry your hair!
- Keep it moist. To prevent your hair from drying out, try adding a small amount of moisturizing coconut oil or shea butter after washing.
By following these simple steps, you’ll retain healthy hair throughout the dry summer months.
Visit Our Conshohocken Hair Dresser for Gorgeous Summer Hair!
Want a stylish, easy-to-maintain look this summer? Allow the professionals at Rouge Hair Boutique to give you one! Whether you’re in the market for coloring, cutting, styling or all of the above, our hair dresser in Conshohocken will take care of you.
To book an appointment, call or text (484) 534-3141 or send an email to RougeHairConshy@gmail.com. Plus, be sure to check out our blog to see which hairstyles are hot right now. We can’t wait to show you why we’re the hair dresser Conshohocken loves!
Looking for a new hairstyle but not sure what is currently in vogue? Allow Rouge Hair Boutique to help you brainstorm by providing descriptions of some of the hottest hairstyles of the year thus far!
- The Shag – In the celebrity world, the shag is making a major comeback. This cut is a unique classic that includes both long and short pieces. If you’d like to try out this low-maintenance style for yourself, just ask one of our Conshohocken hair stylists for a shag cut.
- The Fringe – Along with shags, bangs are also “in” again. And contrary to popular belief, they can work for any hair type if cut correctly. If you’re thinking about a fringe this year, trust the stylists at Rouge Hair Boutique to create the perfect bangs for you.
- The Short Bob – When it comes to hairstyles, the bob is a timeless classic. Plus, short bobs are especially popular during the summer months, since they keep your hair easy to style and out of your way while you enjoy the warm weather.
- The Long Bob – Determined to keep the length of your hair but still want a stylish new look? A long bob is the perfect compromise. We suggest asking for a bob that hits just below your chin and styling it with straight ends to emphasize the shape of the cut.
- The Choppy Layered Look – Is there anything that can make you look more effortlessly cool than choppy layers? We think not. Layers can be any length, but we recommend asking your Conshohocken hair stylist to start them just under your jawline for the most flattering look.
No matter who you are, we hope you’ll consider one of these popular hairstyles for 2016.
Schedule Your Appointment at Rouge Today!
If you’re ready to try out one of 2016’s best haircuts or any other hairstyle, then it’s time to make an appointment with Rouge Hair Boutique, the hair stylist Conshohocken trusts. To do so, simply call or text (484) 534-3141 or send an email to RougeHairConshy@gmail.com.
Here at Rouge Hair Boutique, our professional Conshohocken hair stylists are dedicated to making our customers look and feel beautiful. Whether you’re in search of a new hairstyle or color for an event or everyday wear, we can make it happen – all you have to do is make an appointment by phone or online.
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out our blog post on why you should always seek professional service for hair coloring. We look forward to giving you a new look!
Ready to liven up your look with a new hair color? You may be tempted to dye your hair yourself using an inexpensive box of hair color from the drugstore, but be warned. Dying your own hair is risky. We’ve all heard horror stories from women who bought blonde hair dye, only to end up with a head of bright orange locks…
To keep hair coloring disasters at bay, the Conshohocken hair stylists at Rouge Hair Boutique suggest seeking a professional for all of your hair coloring needs. Here’s why:
- Professionals customize the dye to fit your hair type. When you use a box of hair color, the dye doesn’t always match your hair type (coarse, fine, dark, light, etc.). But when you go to a salon for your hair coloring, the stylist will take your hair type into consideration to create the best possible color job.
- You won’t have to worry about missing spots. Coloring your hair yourself makes it almost impossible to get an even coat of dye on your entire head. Avoid the embarrassment of ending up with multicolored or splotchy hair by letting a professional handle the coloring.
- Professionals know how to keep your hair healthy when coloring it. Hair stylists have the know-how and the products necessary to condition hair while dying it so that it doesn’t get damaged or dried out. Your hair will stay healthy and shiny no matter what.
- Visiting a professional for hair coloring is far cheaper than a corrective treatment. Though box hair color may be a fraction of the cost of a salon hair coloring, it can end up being far more expensive if the color doesn’t work out. Corrective color services can exceed $200! Considering this risk, it’s actually more cost-effective to go to a professional for hair coloring in the first place rather than paying for damage control later on.
As you can see, it’s wise to leave hair coloring to professional hair stylists instead of trying to do it yourself. We promise your hair (and your wallet) will thank you!
Schedule An Appointment with the Hair Stylist Conshohocken Trusts Today!
Whether you’re in the market for a new color, cut, or hairstyle, the ladies at Rouge Hair Boutique are well-equipped to help you out. When you make an appointment with us, you can rest easy knowing that your hair is in great hands – our hair stylists in Conshohocken are highly skilled and knowledgeable regarding the latest and greatest hair technologies.
So what are you waiting for? Call or text (484) 534-3141 now to schedule your appointment. Plus, check out our recent blog post for tips on doing a professional-grade blowout at home in mere minutes! Thanks for keeping up with Rouge Hair Boutique. We look forward to showing you why we’re the most reliable Conshohocken hair stylist for you!
Blowdrying is a fast and easy way to dry and style your hair, but it can cause damage if not done correctly. To help you create a gorgeous hairstyle without wreaking havoc on your locks, we here at Rouge Hair Boutique would like to give you a few easy tips for blowdrying your hair at home:
- Don’t towel dry. Many women are tempted to rub their hair vigorously with a towel in order to get the moisture out after showering. However, doing so creates frizz, so we suggest avoiding this method. Instead, pat your hair gently with a towel and continue onto the next steps.
- Go easy on the product. While a heat protectant spray or gel is great for protecting hair against heat styling damage, using too much can make your hair look oily. As a rule of thumb, use a nickel-sized amount of product on damp hair to start out. If you find that you need more, you can always add it later on.
- Do a rough dry job. Contrary to popular belief, you can actually get the majority of the water out of your hair without using a brush. Just use a blowdryer to get your hair as dry as possible before styling. Or for an even healthier alternative, let it air dry.
- Add a round brush. Now that your hair is mostly dry, it’s time to make it look smooth and lovely. To do so, run a round brush downwards through the underside of your hair while using the blowdryer on the top. For best results, work on small sections of hair at a time. If needed, pin up other parts of your hair to keep them out of the way.
- Finish with hairspray. In order to keep your hair looking amazing throughout the day, apply a bit of finishing spray or shine spray to your hair. Just be sure to hold the spray bottle a good distance from your head so that the product does not concentrate in one area.
- Maintain the look. If you’d like to enjoy your beautiful blowout for longer than just a day, use a scrunchie to put your hair into a bun before you go to sleep. The scrunchie is essential to maintaining the look, as regular hair ties will put dents in your hair. When you wake up in the morning, apply our Unite 7 seconds refresher shampoo if needed to absorb excess oil. And voila! You’re ready to rock your blowout for another day.
By following these steps for blowdrying your hair at home, you’ll enjoy a salon-grade blowout without having to leave your house. Best of all, your hair will still be healthy when the process is complete!
Looking for a Hair Salon in Conshohocken? Come to Rouge Hair Boutique!
For times when you need a professional blowout or other hair services, trust the friendly stylists at Rouge Hair Boutique. Whether you’re in the market for cutting, styling or hair coloring, we’ve got you covered. Plus, our Conshohocken hair salon offers unique hair smoothing treatments, facial waxing, makeup services and much more! No matter what you come to us for, we’ll do our absolute best to make you look and feel amazing.
Interested in booking an appointment at our Conshohocken hair salon? Call or text (484) 534-3141 or fill out our online contact form now. We hope you’ve found our at-home blowdrying tips to be useful, and we look forward to showing you why Rouge Hair Boutique is the hair salon Conshohocken loves!